- Players may not touch their cards at any time.
- Players playing two spots must bet twice the table minimum—Players playing three hands must bet five times the minimum.
- No side bets are allowed.
- The Floor Supervisor’s decision is final.
Spanish 21 is standard blackjack with optional bonus wagers. All rules pertaining to blackjack as posted on the WSGC website will remain the same and are not altered in this game except as noted in these rules of play.
Spanish 21 General Rules
The layout used for “Spanish 21” is very similar to a standard blackjack layout. The only differences are the layout identifies the game as Spanish 21, the Bonus 21 Payouts are printed on the layout and Match The Dealer bonus wager areas are found on the layout. Rule signs posting the Spanish 21 rules will be on every table designated for Spanish 21.
- The game can be played with 2, 4, 5, 6 or 8 decks. The game can be dealt from the hand or from a standard multi-deck shoe. The only exception to the standard deck is that all number “10” cards and Jokers are removed. (A Spanish deck consists of 48 cards; 2-9, J, Q, K, A; no number “10” cards).
- Player blackjack always beats a dealer blackjack and is paid 3 to 2.
- Player total of 21 always beats a dealer total of 21. Certain player 21 totals result in a Bonus 21 Payout as noted below.
- The game can either be played where the dealer hits “soft 17”, or where the dealer stands on all totals of 17.
- Players can split cards of equal value including Aces up to three times, creating four hands. When splitting, Aces are treated like any other card. Hitting and doubling down of split hands, including Aces, is allowed.
- Players can double down on 2 or more cards, including after splitting. After doubling, if a player is dissatisfied with his non-busted hand, he may “rescue” (take back) the last doubled portion of the bet and forfeit the remainder of the wager.
- If the table requires the dealer to hit soft 17, the casino may allow an option known as “double-double down”. If the casino allows the double-double down option, once a player elects to double and receives a double card, the player then has the option to double-double down (double his total wager again), rescue the last doubled portion of the bet, or stand. A player may double the total wager up to three times, once via double down and twice via double-double down, creating a maximum wager up to 8 times the original wager. After doubling a third time and receiving a double card, a player only has the option to rescue or stand.
- Important: The “double-double down” option is not available to the player when the dealer stands on all totals of 17. Doubling for less is only allowed if the double-double down option is not allowed. In other words, when the double-double down option is allowed there is no doubling for less, however, the double-double down wager amount would be capped at the maximum wager allowed. If the last doubledouble down wager made is capped, the “last doubled portion of the bet” would be the maximum wager allowed. If a player doubles for less, the last doubled portion of the bet would be that lesser amount.
- Dealer checks under Ace or Face card for blackjack. Early Surrender (before peek) is not permitted. Late Surrender is only allowed on the player’s first two cards. Late Surrender allows the player to forfeit ½ of their wager and drop from the hand. Player can not surrender when the dealer’s hand is a blackjack.
- The Super Bonus payout requires no special or bonus wager. In the 4, 5, 6 or 8 deck game, when a player’s first three cards are suited 7’s and the dealer’s up card is any 7, that player wins the Super Bonus. In the 2 deck game, suited 7’s are not possible, thus when a player’s first three cards are 7 of Hearts, 7 of Clubs and 7 of Diamonds in any order and the dealer’s up card is a 7 of Spades, that player wins the Super Bonus. A $1,000.00 Super Bonus is paid out when a $5.00 minimum bet is being played, or a $5,000.00 Super Bonus is paid out when a $25.00 minimum bet is being played. All other betting players of that round receive a $50.00 Envy Bonus. If multiple players hit the Super Bonus on the same round, the full Super Bonus amount goes to each player that hit the Super Bonus and an Envy Bonus payout is made to each of the other betting players at that table on each of the Super Bonus hands. In other words, if two Super Bonus hands occur on the same round, each player that obtains a Super Bonus hand is paid (1) Super Bonus amount (based upon his bet size) and (1) Envy Bonus; each of the other players is paid (2) Envy Bonuses, one on each Super Bonus.
- Bonuses are not paid on doubled hands. Players holding the following hands totaling 21 who have not doubled down are paid a Bonus 21 Payout as follows:
- a. 5 card 21 pays 3 to 2
- b. 6 card 21 pays 2 to 1
- c. 7 card 21 pays 3 to 1
- d. 6-7-8 of mixed suits pays 3 to 2
- e. 6-7-8 of same suit pays 2 to 1
- f. 6-7-8 of Spades pays 3 to 1
- In the 4, 5, 6 & 8 deck games 7-7-7 pay as follows:
- g. 7-7-7 of mixed suits pays 3 to 2
- h. 7-7-7 of same suit pays 2 to 1
- i. 7-7-7 of Spades pays 3 to 1
- In the 2 deck games, suited and spaded 7-7-7 are not possible, 7-7-7 pay as follows:
- j. 7-7-7 of mixed suits pays 2 to 1
- In addition to the regular 21 bet, casinos may offer either a single bonus wager: a Match The Dealer Up Card bonus wager, or they may offer two bonus wagers: a Match The Dealer Up Card bonus wager and a Match The Dealer Down Card bonus wager.
- A Match The Dealer Up Card bonus wager is a wager that one or both of a player’s original two cards of the hand will exactly match the dealer’s up card in rank. A Match The Dealer Down Card bonus wager is a wager that either of a player’s original two cards of the hand will exactly match the dealer’s down card in rank. There are two payoff amounts for each respective bonus wager, a suited rank match and an unsuited rank match. The payoff amount depends upon the number of decks used. In order to play one or both Match The Dealer bonus wagers, the player must make a regular 21 wager. In order to make a Match The Dealer Down Card bonus wager for a particular hand, a player must also make a Match The Dealer Up Card bonus wager for that same hand. The house determines the Match The Dealer minimum and maximum bet sizes.
Spanish 21 Dealing Procedures
- Spanish 21 uses 8 decks (48 cards each deck: 2-9, J, Q, K, A). These are standard blackjack decks with all # “10” cards removed.
- Players win on all blackjacks and are paid immediately.
- Players win on all hands totaling 21 and are paid immediately.
- Doubling down on a three or more card soft 21 is permitted.
- Pair splitting.
- Players may split cards of equal value, including Aces, creating up to four hands.
- One card is dealt to split hands. Hitting or Doubling of split hands, including Aces, is allowed.
- Bonuses are paid on Non-Doubled split hands. Splitting or Doubling VOIDS SUPER BONUS.
- Players may Double Down on any total with 2 or more cards, including after splitting.
- Bonuses are not paid on doubled hands, original and doubled bets are always paid even money.
- Double Down wagers must equal the amount of the existing wager.
- Double-Double Down and Double Down Rescue are available.
- Late Surrender is allowed – a player cannot surrender against a Dealer’s Blackjack but may surrender (forfeit) ½ of his original bet, on his first two cards only, against any dealer up card.
- Super Bonus payouts are $1,000 on a $5-$24 bet, or $5,000 on a $25 or higher bet. An Envy Bonus of $50 is paid to all other betting players of the round in either case.
- • All Bonus 21 Payouts are made on the following non-doubled hands totaling 21:
- 5 card 21 pays 3 to 2
- 6 card 21 pays 2 to 1
- 7 card 21 pays 3 to 1
- 6-7-8 of mixed suits pays 3 to 2
- 6-7-8 of same suit pays 2 to 1
- 6-7-8 of Spades pays 3
- 7-7-7 of mixed suits pays 3 to 2
- 7-7-7 of same suit pays 2 to 1
- 7-7-7 of Spades pays 3 to 1
• Match The Dealer Up Card bonus wager and Match The Dealer Down Card bonus wager are available. Payouts for each card match will be made according to the following payout schedule.
1 non-suited match 3 to 1
2 non-suited matches 6 to 1
1 suited match 12 to 1
1 non-suited &1 suited 15 to 1
2 suited matches 24 to 1